MAPI/Account Permissions

  • From: cstainer@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:04:46 +0100

Peeps,

We have recently had a new user that requires access to an absentee's
mailbox.

At first the temporary administrator only required read-only access to the
mailbox, but now turns out that she requires exclusive access to all items
within the mailbox, i.e. Inbox, Calendar, Sent Items, etc.  My response was
to add the user's NT account requiring access to the absentee's mailbox
within Exchange Administrator rather than individually configuring MAPI
permissions on each individual mailbox item (very painful and
time-consuming!).

Although I know this solution will work my question is this;

MAPI permissions update pretty much instantaneously I know, however, when
modifying permissions on the account in Exchange it takes a while to update
- 1) Does anyone know if there is a set time interval for the refresh? 2) Is
there a manual process which will force an update?

We are using Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000 in an NT 4.0 client environment.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Chris Stainer
IT Technician MCP
IT Support Services
Serco Aerospace Ltd.
Joint Services Command and Staff College
Faringdon Road, Watchfield, nr Swindon SN6 8TS

Tel: +44 (0) 1793 788444
Fax: +44 (0) 1793 788286
Ext: 8444

mailto:cstainer@xxxxxxxxx

The information contained in this e-mail is private and is solely for the
use of the intended recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient, you have no legal right to use the
contents of this e-mail.  Views expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily
reflect Government (Defence), Defence Management (Watchfield) Limited or
Serco Aerospace policy and we cannot guarantee that this e-mail or any
attachments are virus free.