MAJOR PROJECT? - EXCHANGE 2000

  • From: "Scott Clarke" <scott.clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 05:36:04 -0600

Hi all,

This may be lengthy but I want to make sure I do not miss anything.

We currently have Exchange 2000 running on our root domain controller.
There is a request to install Exchange on a new server.  Here is our
setup:

CURRENT SETUP:

- Exchange 2000 (SP2) running on root domain controller which has DNS,
DHCP installed
- GFI Mail Essentials installed
- NAV for exchange installed
- Exchange server behind ISA 2000 which publishes OWA

WHAT WE WANT TO DO:

- Move Exchange 2000 to new server + GFI + NAV with the least amount of
impact to Active Directory and Outlook client.

What is the best approach?  I am trying to do the planning for this and
want to have all possibilities and eliminate as many head aches as
possible.

Thanks,

Scott