Looking for some advices

  • From: "Hermano JS. Queiroz" <hjsqueiroz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:38:25 -0500

Hello Everyone,

    We're replacing our Exchange Server Machine and I already installed and
updated everything and I thought was cool to see both machines integrated in
the Active Directory specially using the Exchange System Manager and see all
features together, off course some questions have been raising since then like:

    1 - What is the easiest way to move the storage Information from one to
another ?
    2 - On Routing Groups -> Members -- One is master ( Old one ) and the new
is just a member. So, is it just a promotion or something else needs to be done?
    3 - Besides the DNS configuration with all pieces involved what else should
I need to be aware?

    As you can see this is the first time that I've bee doing this and I don't
want to mess up with anything, specially because we have been blessed with all
settings and condition of all server nowadays.
    Thanks so much for any advice or comments.

Hermano