Logging into OWA with UPN email address and password

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 08:44:36 -0400 (EDT)

Running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003, and I am have some questions about
the "correct" way to log into OWA.

Currently on our Exchange server, for users who want to use OWA, they can
log into the usual OWA URL like this on our exchange server:

and they get a password prompt with three fields: User Name, Password, and
Domain.  They can log in by specifying the pre-Exchange 2003 user name
(i.e. without the @theirdomainname.com), the password, and the "NT Domain"
name of the Exchange server, which I was able to figure out by trial and
error but I am not sure about it.  Anyway, users can log into OWA.

I would like to set it up so users log into OWA by specifying their UPN
email address (username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) and their password, without
the need to specify the third parameter, the "NT Domain" (since that is
easily forgotten and also I don't like to expose it if I can help it.

So ... is it possible to log into OWA by just specifying the email address
and password?  If the NT Domain has to be specified, exactly how do I
figure out what it is? (The value that works on my Exchange does not match
anything that is printed out by "ipconfig").

best regards