Location of Exchange Admin tools

  • From: Peter White <P.White@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 08:30:40 -0400

Hi,
  We will upgrade our Exchange 5.5 to 2k soon so I am doing some testing on
a two pc network at home.  I have a 2k dc and Exchange 2000 loaded on the
second server.  If I open Active Directory Users and Computers on the
Exchange server and double-click on a user I see the option to create
mailboxes and exchange options.  If I open Active Directory Users and
Computers on the DC and double-click on a user I do not see the option to
create mailboxes and exchange options.
  If I create a user on the Exchange server I can create an associated
mailbox.  If I create a user on the DC I do not get that option.
  I have loaded both servers and Exchange 2k twice with the same results.
Can somebody please tell me what do I need to do to see mailbox and exchange
options from Active Directory Users and Computers on the 2k dc?

thanks
Peter White