List server mail ALWAYS lands in BADMAIL

  • From: Lenny Burns <lenny.burns@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:39:28 -0500

My Configuration:

I use an IIS5 SMTP server to forward email to my Exchange 5.5 server.
There is no Spam filtration on the IIS5 box (yet)

The problem:

I have several executives in my company that receive mews flashes from
various list servers.

The L-SOFT list server in particular.

I have spoken with them and they theorize that it is because they send a
"return-path: <>" in the message header.

Here is the header of the list server email I receive:

Date:         Mon, 20 Jan 2003 15:56:32 -0500
From:         "L-Soft list server at GlobeSt.com (1.8d)"
<LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:      Output of your job "lenny.burns"
To:           lenny.burns@xxxxxxxxxx

Here are the contents of the .BDR file associated with it:
Unable to deliver this message because the follow error was encountered:
"This message is a delivery status notification that cannot be delivered.".

The specific error code was 0xC00402C7.

The message sender was <>.

The message was intended for the following recipients.
        xxxx.xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx

Anyone here ever see this?

And what is a .BDP file?