RE: LDAP problem

  • From: "steve alcock" <steve.alcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:59:31 -0000

>Give some more information.  What is the app and what language is it?

Visual basic to read e-phone call logs ( these are call records in and
out of the company )

>Why do you think that running it on the Exchange server would cause it
>work?

Running pete's program on the win2000 server he can read in the current
users in the active directory, but running the same program on a
workstation it is very hap hazard if it cannot connect to the active
directory error message the data base is not available.

>Permissions issues (Exchange servers have different permissions of
>course, but that's no excuse for that type of programming, right?)

that's what we thought

>What exact symptoms are you seeing and what has been done to
troubleshoot >to date?  For example, if a permissions issue, you could
see that in the >logs.

We have trawled the net for fun hence the running on the server as
someone suggested but they ( or anyone else to date can give us the
solution ).

Nothing is reported in the log

Just for the record running the same program on a workstation connected
to a win 2003 server and it works fine ?

Hence a permissions / security issue in win 2000 server we think

Got us stumped

steve