RE: (K)New Exchange 2000 Server - Recommendati ons

  • From: Andrea Coppini <AndreaCoppini@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:33:00 +0200

1.  Install ADC to synchroniza the 5.5 names to AD.
2.  Install Exch 2k and put the 2 servers in the same organization.
3.  use 'Move Server' to move it to the new server.
4.  decommission the 5.5 server once all mailboxes are done.
Try it out in a test lab first, esp ADC.  Keep in mind that ADC uses the
'Primary NT Account' in exch 5.5 to 'attach' mailboxes to Win2K usernames
(mailboxes and user accounts are one AD object in 2K), so make sure your 5.5
mailboxes' "Primary NT account" is set to the 2k users.
This is not the 'clean' way of doing it, but this is what I have to do since
my users are already migrated to a new Win2K domain.