Re: Junk mails

  • From: "Eric Lanyon" <elanyon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 08:18:08 -0800

There are a few programs out there...haven't tried any so I can't vouch for how
effective they are or if they block real emails.  But I know Symantec has one
as well as SurfControl.  We are looking to implement Symantec's Exchange Server
AV and possibly the email filter as well.  Just haven't had time to test it
out.  From what I can tell, they both use a dictionary of words and give each
word a number value.  If the email reaches xyz threshold, the email is
considered SPAM and is deleted.  Least that's what I got from my readings.
Correct me if I am wrong.

>>> kumar@xxxxxxxxxxxx 03/18/02 02:49AM >>>

Hi Admins,

We are facing problem with junks mails comming to some pictular mail boxes.
Any body have idea of how to identify the junk mail in the server level and
how to stop them at the server itself.

Thanks in advance