Re: Jacked up Exchange server!!!

  • From: "Eric Lanyon" <elanyon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:50:14 -0700

Hmm...maybe try Filemon from Systernals when you try to start the mailbox
management process.  The program shows what files are being accessed or
attempted to accessed.  Might show if you are missing a file or if it's in the
wrong place.  But before using...be warned it could cause a BSoD....had it
happen to me once.  So I would do it when you can afford a reboot.

A shot in the dark.

>>> marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 04/22/02 02:36PM >>>
http://www.MSExchange.org/

I've performed the procedures outlined in this document a few times now.
I've set the logging level to maximum and I still get the same error when
attempting to Start the Mailbox Management Process. I don't get any errors
in the Event logs relating to any of these these files. As I stated earlier
I am pretty new with exchange so maybe I'm overlooking something. I'm
thinking this may have something to do with eithere WMI or DNS but I'm not
sure. Right now I'm unable to connect to WMI from this server. I receive the
following error when attempting to connect to the Monitoring tab of the
System Manager:
Unable to connect to the WMI service
You will not be able to see the current status of the monitored resources
and cannot add disk or service monitoring resources.
        ID: c1038692

???