Re: Jacked up Exchange server!!!

  • From: "Eric Lanyon" <elanyon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:26:26 -0700

Check out this TID for troubleshooting:;en-us;Q245024
Maybe some DLLs were not installed properly or got corrupt?

>>> marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 04/22/02 12:22PM >>>

Exchange 2000 Server Newbie...

I have reason to believe that my exchange server install is completely
screwed up and need to know if there's anyway to resolve this without having
to rebuild my entire network??
1. From what I can tell the exchange service isn't starting.
2. If i go to my AD users & computers console I see what appears to be an OU
for Microsoft Exchange System Objects, but its not a folder, it looks as
though its not associated with anything.
3. If i attempt to start the mailbox management process via the System
Manager, I get an error that the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant Service
is unavailable.
        ID no: c1031668
This is the 2nd time I've un-inistalled and re-installed this exchange
server. Can anyone shed some light onto this otherwise dismal situation?