Re: Isolating of two different GALs?

  • From: Rick Boza <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Exchange List <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:59:15 -0500

WSS saves data in a database - either SQL or MSDE, depending on your
requirements.  Public Folders, while it might be possible to hack out
something that would show what you are describing, would be a bad solution
for this function.  If you plan to really scale it up, then SQL would be
vastly preferred.  And nope, you don't need to define separate web sites in
IIS for each customer, just child workspaces under WSS that will allow them
a great deal of customization and autonomy.

Forget about the question around Front-End, Back-end Exchange configuration
WRT WSS.  You can have your store and web server separated, but your
Exchange topology has nothing to do with it.  You could host the web portion
on your Exchange Front End server I suppose (at least, I don't recall any
limitations on the two coexisting offhand, but you probably want to verify
that if you can.

There's a link here
http://www.sharepointu.com/forums/WSS_Deployment_Diary_-_Trials_&_Tribulatio
ns_of_an_installation/m_8659/tm.htm that leads to a blog from Paul
Schaefflein where he discusses his experiences deploying.

Microsoft's official site can be found here
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX011442301033.aspx including a link to
their deployment specific site.