Re: Intranet Server

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:45:23 -0500

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:31:18 +0300, Kamire, Thomas
<Thomas.Kamire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hii
>
> I am having issues with my intranet box because when I was in the Windows NT
> 4.0 Domain all users could go to the url and using this intranet service.
> Unfortunately when we moved to Windows 2003 Active Directory some users can
> be in a position to go to this url and work while others cannot. We do have
> 2500 users in the whole domain.

If you can access the Intranet website by pointing the clients to the
IP address of the server hosting the site, then you have a hostname to
IP address -- name resolution problem.

1) Check your DNS records on your DNS server(s)
2) Check the hosts file of the client PC's
3) Clear the local dns resolver cache on the client PC's

> Can this be a problem of the license in the internet server or what. Can
> some give some insights.

No. See above.

...D

P.S. Glad to see that your airline is surviving all the airline
industry turbulence.