Re: Interview Question Prep

  • From: "Brian Harris" <bharris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 17:19:35 +0930

David,

I would get your head around the AD side first.  Most Sys Admin guys
want to get the AD side nutted out first.  If you can show knowledge on
Multiple Trees, domains and sites etc, the exchange part becomes far
easier to understand.

As you know with your experience Exchange it is reliant on AD for its
objects and if you are clear on how AD replicates and best practice
designs,  then you can start to look at the exchange sites, back-end,
front-end and bridgeheads and all that wonderful stuff.

That's how I increased my knowledge and seem to be fairly happy with
larger installs now..

Cheers

Brian

>>> ddellanno@xxxxxxxxxx 6/05/2003 5:00:55 pm >>>
Hi everyone,
    For the past three years I have been exposed to Exchange 2000 &
Windows 2000 and had the pleasure to manage it in many small
businesses.
The environments that I have experienced in are only a single domain,
single forest, single exchange server.  I guess this also goes without
saying that the active directory which has not been utilized to its
full
functionality since there were no demand at the time to scale to
multiple sites that I had work for.  My question to you guys, how do I
spin my experience in such a limited environment to excite the big
companies in the industry that have larger scale environments? and
what
can I say to them if they ask about replication experience or other
features of exchange that I have not yet been exposed to only because
of
the limited demand of the environment?  I would never mislead anyone
of
my experience but I would like to know how to go about this in an
interview?   Many thanks for your input.

Regards,
  _____

David V. Dellanno - MCSE, MCP+I, MCP
MSDEMO Consultants
Williams Place
2564 Bridgewood Lane
Snellville, Georgia 30078 USA
(770) 736-8794 (Office)
msdemo.net <http://msdemo.net/>

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of