[ExchangeList] Internet mail connectivity

  • From: "Allen, Christine" <Christine.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:14:17 -0400

Exchange 2003, sp2 running on a windows 2003 server running in mixed mode
with a Exchange 5.5 server running on a windows 2000 server.   Right now
just the internet connector is running on the Exchange 5.5 server.
Everything has been moved over to the 2003 server.
I want to install Internet mail connectivity on my Exchange 2003 server.  Is
there anyway I can do this while the IMC on the 5.5 server is still up an
active?  Or do I have to shutdown the IMC service, then install the SMTP
connector on the 2003 server?
The reason I want to leave the 5.5 server up is when have a fax connector
that will have to be moved over as well and I want to make sure that mail
flow is working internally/externally before I have the fax person install
the connector.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Christine Allen
Systems Engineer
Electric Insurance Company
75 Sam Fonzo Drive