RE: Internet mail clients problem in exchange 20000

  • From: <jsyoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:21:35 +0900

check realy setting in smtp VS..
-----Original Message-----
From: Arif, Aboo M [mailto:Aboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 6:25 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Internet mail clients problem in exchange 20000

http://www.MSExchange.org/

HI

In my exchange 2000  I am facing problems while configuring  internet
mail clients ( outlook express,, Eudora)other than outlook. At the time
of configuration I specified incoming pop3, and outgoing SMTP as my
exchange server.But it is not sending outside addresses. It  shows an
error like this for all internet addresses..but it sends and receives
GAL addresses.Outlook working fine.

 The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was
rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'xxx@xxxxxxxxx'.
Subject 'test 12.42. pm', Account: 'exchserver', Server: 'exchserver',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
xxx@xxxxxxxxx', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error
Number: 0x800CCC79

In my server I am using default smtp virtual server for sending and
receiving outside mails.POP3 virtual server is not yet configured.  Is
it necessary?

Any suggestion on this ?

Regards
Aboo Arif