Internet mail clients problem in exchange 20000

  • From: "Arif, Aboo M" <Aboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Periyasamy, Raj" <psraj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:55:03 +0530

In my exchange 2000  I am facing problems while configuring  internet mail
clients ( outlook express,, Eudora)other than outlook. At the time of
configuration I specified incoming pop3, and outgoing SMTP as my exchange
server.But it is not sending outside addresses. It  shows an error like this
for all internet addresses..but it sends and receives GAL addresses.Outlook
working fine.
 The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'xxx@xxxxxxxxx'. Subject 'test
12.42. pm', Account: 'exchserver', Server: 'exchserver', Protocol: SMTP, Server
Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for xxx@xxxxxxxxx', Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
In my server I am using default smtp virtual server for sending and receiving
outside mails.POP3 virtual server is not yet configured.  Is it necessary?
Any suggestion on this ?
Aboo Arif