Internal and External Exchange Servers

  • From: Deshwal Chand <chand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange List (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:55:27 +0530

Hi List,
I posted this on Friday as well. Hope I will get response this time.
I am using Exchange 5.5 sp4 at WIndowsNT sp6a. This is the only server, I
have. I am planning to add one more server to the same organization & site.
What I think is:

*       Make one server Internal and other External

*       Keep the Information store on Internal

*       Install IMS on External

*       The internal and external should be able to exchange e-mails.

I know a little bit as how to do it, but not clear how to start with.
Could u pls. help in this matter. A detailed advice is expected. Also, is
there a chance that I can use Exchange 2000 as external and Exchange 5.5 as

 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"

Chand Deshwal (M.Tech CS&E,  MCSE, CCNA)
Network Administrator
Kampsax India Ltd., Gurgaon
ph: +91 124 6348259-62, Extn. 712
chand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:chand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <>