Re: Internal / External Domains

  • From: Duke <duke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:54:09 +0000

Maybe 3rd time lucky.

Hi All,

We have just taken over from another company who had a practise of separating the internal domain names from the external ones.
They have put in exchange servers for some of their clients with the
following configs.

Company 1
Internal domain name =  xyz.com
External domain name = xyzabc.com

Company 2
Internal = abc.com
External = abc.co.uk

etc, etc.

They use exchange for purely Internal communication via Outlook Express and have set up POP and SMTP in Outlook for external emails. Said to do with security.

How can we set up exchange server to also do the external mail handling. They all running E2K on W2k Servers.
Changing the internal domain names is not an option.

Regards

Duke