Instant Messaging -- contacts show as not online when they are

  • From: "Alfonso Lopez de Ayala" <alopezdeayala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:01:02 -0800

Instant Messaging (Exchange 2000) works fine but has the following
glitch I haven't been able to fix -- what should I be looking at?
Symptoms:

- User's contacts will show as offline sometimes although they are
online. Signing out and back in fixes the problem.

- User sends instant message to contact that's online, but when
recipient tries to answer a cannot be reached message appears.

- When user comes online it may take a long time for it to show as
online in other's user's contacts.

Users have no problem signing in, and out, and once both users show each
other as online, instant messages flow quickly and smoothly.

What can be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Alfonso