RE: Installing Exchange 2000 in Windows 2003 Envoirnment....

  • From: "Mike Liddekee" <mliddekee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:15:47 -0500

I believe the proper method is to upgrade to Exch2k3 and then move to Win2k3.
I can tell you from experience on a test system that M$ knows what they're
talking about when they say don't support e2k on on Win2k3.  Too many security
changes for it to work properly.  Exch2000 relies heavily on IIS and IIS in
Win2k3 underwent a complete rewrite.  If you to upgrade to Win2k3 before moving
to Exch2k3, please don't cry when it blows up.

Regards,
Mike Liddekee
Network Engineer

Humco Holding Group, Inc.