RE: Installed Service Pack 2 No IMF

  • From: "Carl Houseman" <c.houseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 23:55:56 -0500

The release notes state that IMF V1 must be removed.  I haven't run the lab
experiment to see what happens if you don't, but I thought there was
supposed to be a warning of some kind.

And installing IMF V1 after SP2 is probably as bad or worse than not
removing IMF V1 before SP2.

The IMF settings stuff appears under Global Settings - Message Delivery
(Properties).

Then the filtering must be enabled under SMTP Virtual Server - General Tab -
Advanced - Edit.

If you don't have the above IMF stuff after doing what you say you did - I'd
say you're going to be restoring the backup you made before installing SP2.

Carl

  _____