RE: Install SMTP without installing IIS

  • From: "Stelley, Douglas" <dstelley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:09:55 -0500

I may be way off base and apologize in advance if so, but many (if not
most) applications that have the ability to send mail (like alerts,
etc...) only need a valid SMTP server address don't they?, All ours with
this ability only needed the server address entered. It sends its own
mail to that server. What application is it?
You don't need to receive on this do you?
-Doug

  _____