RE: Install 2k Server

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 23:33:43 -0400

If you are going to upgrade your NT 4.0 machine to be a Windows 2000 Domain
Controller you must make sure you change the LDAP port number that Exchange
5.5 is using before you install Active Directory, if you do not do this you
will have a port conflict because Windows 2000 Active Directory uses the
same port number.

You will also have to configure the Active Directory Connector if you are
going to be using Exchange 5.5 in a Windows 2000 Domain.

If this machine is not a domain controller then you should not have any
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc
Tel:  585 586 3890
Fax: 585 249 0316
Cell: 585 576 4750
Visit for valuable information about Microsoft Exchange