Instalation Exchange server 2003 on organization Exchange 5.5

  • From: "Helio de Araujo" <heliodearaujo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 06:45:58 -0700

Hi,

I currently have an exchange 5.5 site and I am bringing up a new server
that

is exchange 2003.  I am running the exchange util and I am at the step
where

I install exchange.  However, when I choose the groupname, an error
appears:

"Setup cannot continue because one or more of the following conditions was

detected:

Could not bind to the Microsoft Exchange Directory server <servername>.

Ther Microsoft Exchange Server computer does not respond...."

The server name that comes up is no longer on my network and exchange was

uninstalled from that server.  While going through the steps, I typed in a

different server name that holds my mailboxes.

Please help!

Helio de Araujo
Administrador Rede/Suporte
MCSE MCSA MCP