RE: Initial setup enquiry.

  • From: "Nick" <nick.kirby@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:27:11 +0100

I've been thinking about that. I could then bung that on the router.

Trouble is, my connection is very much home based, and I will be moving soon
for a year at least (so a sensible person would argue why on god's green
earth do I need an exchange server) which is a good point, but it's a bit
like a hill - because it's there.

When I move I fully intend to sort out these SMTP issues, as I am
considering going with demon.net who provide one anyway. In the meanwhile
some research shows that I could use a free version of GFI mail essentials
10 to pop3 from my generic ISP (this account) email, and go SMTP later on.

I want to get my head around DNS, mainly because I tihnk I am making it more
complicated than it is, and understanding makes things easier.

Any thoughts?