RE: Incoming Internet mail bounced

  • From: "Justin Culbreath" <justinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 15:49:50 -0600

Have you checked all your DNS entries?

Justin Culbreath
Systems Engineer
Weld County School District Six
970-348-6512
970-302-2018
justinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: geraintbowcott@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:geraintbowcott@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 3:12 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Incoming Internet mail bounced

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Please can anyone help?

We have just moved from NT4/Exch 5.5 to win2k/Exch 2k. We have mail
forwarding for our mail domain name from companyname.co.uk to
companyname.ispname.co.uk . I have configured Exch with mail connector
smarthost of isp and able to send mail no problems, but all incoming
mail
is bounced back to sender with following message:
Subject: Mail Delivery failed: returning to sender

A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients.
The following address(es) failed:

  companyname.ispname.co.uk [ip address]:

The isp guy says that we need to have the companyname.ispname.co.uk
registered in Exch in order to receive the mail.

My question is where?

I've put it in The ETERN domain name and also in the address space of
the
connector, but still no joy.

Any ideas please (it's turning into a long night...)

TIA

Geraint

$subst('Email.Unsub')