Incoming Internet mail bounced

  • From: geraintbowcott@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 15:11:56 -0600

Please can anyone help?

We have just moved from NT4/Exch 5.5 to win2k/Exch 2k. We have mail
forwarding for our mail domain name from companyname.co.uk to
companyname.ispname.co.uk . I have configured Exch with mail connector to
smarthost of isp and able to send mail no problems, but all incoming mail
is bounced back to sender with following message:
Subject: Mail Delivery failed: returning to sender

A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients.
The following address(es) failed:

  companyname.ispname.co.uk [ip address]:

The isp guy says that we need to have the companyname.ispname.co.uk
registered in Exch in order to receive the mail.

My question is where?

I've put it in The ETERN domain name and also in the address space of the
connector, but still no joy.

Any ideas please (it's turning into a long night...)

TIA

Geraint