Inbound delivery not working on Exchange 2000

  • From: Taiwo Akinosho <tiwiex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:38:22 -0700 (PDT)

We have exchange server configured in my organization.
We host our SMTP server so mails are deliverd and sent
directly to the exchange server. For some reason our
incoming mail still works with difficulty. It stopped
wrking last weekend. We got someone to come in
(eventually) and after some fiddling stumbled on the
licensing. the licensing showed that the number of
licenses registered was lower than our number of
concurrent connections. After increasing the licensing
the external mails started dropping.

However, the problem started the following weekend
(nobody was in the office so no changes were made).

My config looks similar to that found on the article
found at this link
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html. The
only differences are probably domain names.

I have checked and i am bereft of ideas. The only
things i can point out are that.
1. my ip address is not a valid private IP (we use a
131.100.0.0 network)
2. my local domain is the same as my registered domain
domainname.com.ng)
3. Do i need to create a host name pointing to my
global IP on my local DNS (my local dns uses DNS
forwarders)

My mails are delivered to the internet flawlessly but
the mails fail to come in. I don't get NDRs so i
really can't figure out my problem from here. I wonder
where my mails are hanging. I also have NAT configured
on my router redirecting port 25 to my exchange
server.

Remember that some thing failed on the config over the
weekend (second time) i am really lost.

I wouuld really appreciate your help. Thanks

http://search.yahoo.com