[ExchangeList] Inbound Mail Failure Ambiguous Recipient AutoForward Issue

  • From: "Andrew Hancock" <Andrew.Hancock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 12:34:27 +0100

We have just started our Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Migration. (better
late than never)

Stable Win2k3 AD environment, with three domain controllers with a single
Exchange 5.5 server and organization.

We’ve been testing this for many months in a lab environment. We followed
the Deployment setup, and checking logs as we go and have not seen any

We have just installed the ADC on a domain controller and completed the two
way connection to our Exchange server, and we’ve been checking that
replication is working for a few days before, altering the connection
agreement to the first Exchange 2003 (non clustered) Standard Edition

Shortly after the connection agreement had be configured and replication had
started, the Postmaster for Exchange 5.5 started to receive the following

The following recipients did not receive the attached mail. Reasons are
listed with each recipient:

<andrew.hancock@xxxxxxxx> andrew.hancock@xxxxxxxxx

      MSEXCH:IMS:IT::EXCHANGE 0 (000C0595) Ambiguous Recipient

The message that caused this notification was:

I believe this is somthing to do with Autoforwarders we have setup in
Exchange 5.5, and possibly duplicate smtp addresses in AD?

Any guidance would be grateful.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.