ISAPI dlls for EX2000 WebMail

  • From: "Cresswell, Charles" <charlesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:06:14 -0000

Hiya,

does anyone know the essential ISAPI dlls for running webmail on IIS
4.0? I've been trying to lock down our web server security a bit,
including webmail. I know I cannot disable WebDAV on the exchange
server, but I cant seem to find any reference to which ISAPI extensions
I can remove.

Obvoiusly the .asp needs to stay. however our security consultant
recommended certain .htr files be removed from the system folders to
prevent brute forcing of passwords, as well as the removal of the ISAPI
.printer reference. Unfortunately I managed to hose the webmail until I
did a restore of the IIS config!

Charles Cresswell, IS Manager
020 7213 0728

The Association of Corporate Treasurers
Ocean House
10/12 Little Trinity Lane
London EC4V 2DJ

tel: +44.(0)20 7213 9728
fax: +44.(0)20 7248 2591
www:  <http://www.treasurers.org> http://www.treasurers.org

Notice of Confidentiality
This e-mail (and any attachments) is intended for the named addressee(s)
only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are
the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you
may not read, copy, use, or disclose it to anyone else. Unauthorised
use, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the message from your e-mail system.

The Association of Corporate Treasurers may monitor outgoing and
incoming e-mails and other telecommunications on its e-mail and
telecommunications systems. By replying to this e-mail you give your
consent to such monitoring.

The Association of Corporate Treasurers is a company limited by
guarantee. It is registered in England at the above address,
registration number 1445322.
#ACT#

This email has been scanned for known viruses.
Any and all incoming unsolicited or SPAM email may be blocked to this address.
If you experience problems sending legitimate email to this address please
contact antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxx