RE: ISA 2004 and Exchange 2003 Publishing

  • From: "Mustafa Cicek" <mbcicek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 13:46:51 -0600

Hi Raj,
thank you for your response. I find the articles of Mr. Shinder also very
good. I follwed the descriptions of ihm. Perhaps I make some logical
mistakes. I read a good article about ISA/Exchange from him (Protecting
Microsoft Exchange with ISA Server 2004 Firewalls: Integrating the ISA
Firewall into an Established Network Infrastructure). I am confused a
little bit about my implementing. T. Shinder has written for this
configuration (ISA 2004 <> Third-Party-Firewall <> Internal network with
Exchange FE/BE) that the ISA 2004 should work as a Web proxy not as a
router. In this case I cannot use all functionality of ISA as firewall. I
hope I understoood his article good. My ISA Server 2004 works as firewall
router in my test environment. Perhaps that is the problem. But it's
better (I hope also) that he gives me a feedback.

Best Regards