IS this possible:

  • From: "Rick Sambhi" <rsambhi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:30:04 -0400

They are going to be adding a spam filter at the smtp server. All the
email into our organization comes through the smtp server as well as for
the users on our exchange server. Their email gets forwarded to their
exchange account via a .forward file. Before I forget we are running a
Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 server. Now this spam filter adds a line
into the header of each message it determines is a spam. Is it possible
to accomplish the following at the server level without touching the
client (outlook 2000/XP)? Create a folder called spam in each users
mailbox and then scan every email coming into their account and move all
marked messages into this folder. Or do we need to get a thrid party
software, another spam software?

Thanks in advance.

Rick