RE: IP address routing and Exchange server 2k

  • From: "Mustafa Juma" <mjuma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 10:47:41 -0000

Cisco pix firewall router

-----Original Message-----
From: mgtang [mailto:mgtang@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 08 December 2002 09:33
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] IP address routing and Exchange server 2k

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi:

I have a couple of questions about my fiber line and the Exchange server
installation:

My ISP said they will give me a fiber and I can connect the fiber using
CAT5 cable to the fiber box (should be the fiber modem?). The also said
they will provide 5 static public Internet IP address. My question is
how
can I connect these 5 static IP address for my IIS, Exchange, RRAS(VPN)?
must have 5 NICs installed into my server or buy a new router? Which
type
of the device should I use? Cisco router? Model number?  Could anybody
tell me the detailed procedure?

I have 4 domains now and have not been connected with each other:
a1.local, a2.local, a3.local, a4.local. And I have an Internet domain
abc.com. If I want to install Exchange server 2k on a1.local and create
email address using my Internet domain name such as face=Times New Roman
color=#0000ff jsmith@xxxxxxxx Does it mean that I must change a1.local
abc.com? Is that meaning I must delete a1.local and create a new domain
abc.com? How can I connect my domain server to one of the public
Internet
IP address my ISP provided (that means when I use ping command in the
Internet, it will ping my domain controller)? Install a new NIC and
assign
the Internet IP address to the new NIC or I can redirect the IP packet
from the router to my server? Which Router should I use and the model
number?

If I want to use VPN to connect my 4 domains, which device do I need?
Model number? I know I can assign the public IP address to one of my
server's NICs to let this NIC wait for VPN calls but I don't think it is
secure. Could I use a device such as route to let the VPN calls go to
the
router first then let the router route the VPN package to my server or I
can use a hardware device called VPN server? Which brand and model
number?
My client domain will use ADSL (dynamic IP address), is there any device
can start a VPN call to my server? Model number? If I use VPN router in
each domain then I will never need to use the Windows 2000 VPN function
because the VPN devices will be dealt with the VPN connection by itself?

Any idea will be appreciated. Thank you!

Mgtang

$subst('Email.Unsub')