RE: IMF uhm...

  • From: "Corey M. Albright, Sr." <coreyalbright@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 19:57:24 -0800 (PST)

what is this and who are you?

Carl Houseman <c.houseman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    @font-face {   font-family:
Tahoma;  }  @font-face {   font-family: Verdana;  }  @page Section1 {size:
8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; }  A:link {
mso-style-priority: 99  }  SPAN.MSOHYPERLINK {   mso-style-priority: 99  }
A:visited {   mso-style-priority: 99  }  SPAN.MSOHYPERLINKFOLLOWED {
mso-style-priority: 99  }  P {   mso-style-priority: 99  }  P.MSOACETATE {
mso-style-priority: 99  }  LI.MSOACETATE {   mso-style-priority: 99  }
DIV.MSOACETATE {   mso-style-priority: 99  }  SPAN.BALLOONTEXTCHAR {
mso-style-priority: 99  }  P.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in
0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  LI.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt;
MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  DIV.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  A:link
{   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlink {   COLOR:
blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }
 A:visited {   COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }
SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {   COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  P {
Roman"; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto  }  P.MsoAcetate
{   FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma  }  LI.MsoAcetate
{   FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma  }  DIV.MsoAcetate
{   FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma  }
SPAN.balloontextchar0 {   FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma  }  SPAN.EmailStyle21 {   COLOR:
navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-style-type: personal  }  SPAN.EmailStyle22 {
FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: blue; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;
TEXT-DECORATION: none; mso-style-type: personal-reply  }  DIV.Section1 {
page: Section1  }
  Your message below was rated an SCL of 3 by my IMF.  I see most list messages
rated less than 5.
  All things being equal, all IMF's should report the same SCL for a given
message.  So all things are NOT equal.
  SCL rating is influenced by SPF results.  Have you properly configured your
Perimeter IP list and Internal IP Range?   As I told you in October 2005:
  "Perimeter IP list/range are the IPs of machines delivering inbound mail to
you which will not be checked for SenderID compliance.  You could also think
of this as a "whitelist"."
  Your internal networks, and the IP of any machines outside your network which
routinely forward or originate mail to your Exchange server, should have their
IP addresses listed there.
  You can view SPF results for individual messages in Outlook:,289483,sid43_gci1144172,00.html?bucket=ETA