RE: IMF removal

  • From: "John T \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 11:11:54 -0800

Sorry Andrew, but you asked for it.

<RANT ON>

Once again, Andrew is claiming that he should not have to take common sense
simple basic steps in preparing to use software before actually attempting
to implement it.

Andrew, we have tried to explain to you time and again that to be a
professional in the IT business means taking responsibility to know and
understand what the implications are for what we do and to take steps to
mitigate potential risk to ourselves and our employer/clients before we take
such steps. Those steps must included at the least review of documentation
provided by the software vendor. If we fail to take those rudimentary basic
steps, we are putting ourselves and our employer/client at undo risk.

If we continue to take undo risks, we need to ask ourselves do we need to
change our way of thinking, or do we even need to change our job function.

<RANT OFF>

Armored and flame proof suit on, fire away.

John T

eServices For You