RE: IMF issues

  • From: "Carl Houseman" <c.houseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:24:27 -0500

I don't recall it coming up at 4 and 4 but maybe I just ignored it and set
what I wanted.

The normal case is to give gateway blocking the higher SCL threshold.
Suppose you leave junk mail filtering at 4 and set gateway blocking to 7.
Then:

Anything 7 or higher is archived or blocked.
Anything 4 to 6.99 is filed into user's junk mail.
Anything 3.99 or lower is delivered normally.

If both settings are the same, all messages of that SCL are archive or
blocked, nothing is ever put into users' junk mail folder.   So I guess
settigg them the same does have some value if you don't want users to have
to check their junk mail folder.

Conversely turning off gateway blocking means all messages of SCL higher
than junk mail threshold goes into users junk mail folder, so users get the
job of going through it.

Carl

  _____