RE: IMAP for Exchange

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 21:26:34 -0500

Hi Kenny,

AFAIK, the IMAP4 service is not required on Exchange 2000. In fact, its
disabled by default in Exchange 2003. I like to use SSL/TLS secured
IMAP4 access sometimes when I don't have access to the full MAPI client.

Check out:

http://www.tacteam.net/isaserverorg/exchangekit/2003secureimap4/2003secu
reimap4.htm

For details on how to set up a secure IMAP4 site. Although the
screeshots use Exchange 2003/Windows 2003, the same procedures apply to
Exchange 2000. You can also use a front-end/back-end Exchange setup to
further enhance security.

Check out:
http://www.tacteam.net/isaserverorg/exchangekit/2003febepub/2003FEBEPub.
htm

For details on the front-end/back-end config.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder