IMAP dies with concurrent connections [E2K3]

  • From: Kevin Nicholls <knicholls@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:04:03 -0500

I have an Exchange 2003 server that's been running fine for the past nine
months or so, and I decided to turn on IMAP/S and set up a new SMTP/S
virtual server.

It seems to work fine until there's more than one connection to the same
mailbox. For example, if I leave my mail client open at home, I won't be
able to retrieve my mail when I open it at work.

Restarting IMAP4svc resolves the issue temporarily, but I have a couple of
group mailboxes where multiple people would access the same account... so I
can't spend my day restarting IMAP ;)

Has anyone encountered this? Is there some setting that I've missed to allow
multiple connections to the same inbox via IMAP?