[ExchangeList] IIS SMTP virtual server LDAP Routing and directory harvesting

  • From: "Crockett, Gregory" <Gregory.Crockett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 10:38:34 -0500

Is it possible to have the above search the AD for a recipient and drop
the incoming message if the search is null?  We use GFI MailEssentials
and it performs this task very well using LDAP.  However, I want to drop
these messages on the edge - before they hit the internal GFI apps.  If
not IIS SMTP VS, would you know of any other product that sits on the
edge weeding out directory harvesting attempts?

Greg

System:

ISA Server 2006

IIS6 with SMTP virtual server

IIS6 with SMTP vs

GFI MailEssentials/MailSecurity

Exchange 2003 - Clustered

All mail to and from this domain is scrutinized by GFI.