IIS 6 vs IIS 5 as a mail relay server for Exchange 5.5 org

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:10:18 -0400

Okay smart people,
    I am adding a secondary SMTP relay server for my Exchange 5.5
organization.  Currently I am using IIS 5.  For IIS 5 to operate correctly
with Exchange 5.5, I had to Disable 8BitMime broadcasting and change it to
7BitMime (MS KB 262168).
   I have searched high and low for any warnings about IIS 6.0 with Exchange
5.5 and can find nothing.  Does anyone know if the same change needs to be
done on IIS 6 to reduce issues with Exchange 5.5?
Thanks for any info...