[ExchangeList] Re: IE7 on Exchange 2003 servers

  • From: "Jabber Wock" <jabberwock99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 16:56:32 -0500

PS:  a small correction to my last post:  when I said "IE7 is not an option" I really meant to say "MSIE is not optional", apologies if this caused any confusion, since the two phrases are practically opposite in meaning!

Anyway I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has upgraded to IE7 on their Ex2k3 servers yet.

TIA

JW

On 11/5/06, Jabber Wock <jabberwock99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Howard,

I surf the web from my Exchange server all the time bud!   You know how it is, late evenings, not much going on, what the heck let me click on that gambling site and win some bucks or pull up that ebay phishing email and see what happens LOL!

Seriously though, have you never had the need to run a Windows update on the Exchange server, or search the Microsoft support site etc for an article or download a patch or code from a known trusted site?  A web browser is an indensible tool when used properly.

To my knowledge, Microsoft IE is not an option if you want to run Windows updates, MS Baseline Security Analyzer etc., hence my question.  My question (and concern) is: does IE7 do anything unexpectedly funky, being tightly interwoven as it is with the OS. (BTW Firefox or the "other browsers" are not that much safer, all of them have security exposures when improperly used).

JW

On 11/5/06, Howard Rappaport <howie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I haven't.  It is on my workstation … where I surf the web.  Do you surf the web on your exchange server?