[ExchangeList] Re: I NEED TO GRIPE!

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:44:05 -0400

Be careful...  When following these directions you should also look into
'Tarpitting' with Exchange 2003.

Also, if you use a Smart Host, third party solution for Spam/Virus
protection, then 'Recipient Filtering' is not of much use to you.  If
using a product/solution between your exchange environment and the
sender, you should look at the options available to you for LDAP
authentication or some type of Directory Services verification in that
product/solution.  Once again, if you have a solution between Exchange
and the sender, then that is where you need to focus on stopping the
'acceptance' of the e-mail.  In this type of design, which many admins
have in place, the recipient filtering in Exchange is not of much
benefit to you.

Regards,

Chris Wall - MCSE + Messaging

NAM Exchange Administrator