[ExchangeList] Re: I NEED TO GRIPE!

  • From: "Moon, Brendan" <bmoon@xxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:57:46 -0400

Sticking your head in the sand isn't going to solve the problem.
Neither is avoiding the use of RBLs in your own shop.  The point is that
the 'generally accepted' customs and standards change with the times.

Most spam senders falsify the "from" address.  This means that the NDRs
you send out to the Internet go to a forged address, and end up in some
unsuspecting soul's mailbox.  As Spamcop asserts, this is arguably just
as bad as the original spam.

 - Brendan Moon