RE: How to send using different email addresses from a single account

  • From: "Devin McBride" <devin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:42:19 -0800

Below is what I am seeing.  Here is the setup:
*       Have recipient policy setup for devotedtechnologies.com and is
active
*       My user 'Devin McBride' has the following SMTP addresses:
                devin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                devin@xxxxxxxxxx
                devin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                *obviously the .local is our actual domain with the
hopian.net              and devotedtechnologies.com being added in
afterwards into the             recipient policy (using pop3 connector
for both hopian.net and                 devotedtechnologies.com domain
*       I sent this original email using webmail with the 3rd party
email, as       you can see it is addressed from
devin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*       The pop3 connector is set to download received mail from the 3rd
party, and proceed to send directly to that same email (ie:
devin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

After it downloads from the 3rd party host, and sends to that same
address (which is setup as another SMTP address with my user) exchange
does grab it, but as you can see in the message right below, the 'To:'
user is just Devin McBride (not devin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ) which is
a problem because even if I filter using the 'specific words in the
recipient's address', Outlook doesn't see
'devin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' as being specific words in the
recipients address.

Inversely, if I change the rule to be based on 'To People or
Distribution List' and I use 'devin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' as the
keyword, Outlook filters ALL email as being 'to
devin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' even if it was addressed to
'devin@xxxxxxxxxx' or even if it was sent locally to
'devin@xxxxxxxxxxxx'.

Does this help to further clarify the issue I am seeing?  It really
seems like 1) it is either all or nothing; or 2) I am doing something
drastically wrong.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
Devin