Re: How to restric POP3 access just to one user on Exchange 2003

  • From: Rick Boza <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Exchange List <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 13:58:01 -0400

Disable the POP3 protocol on each of those user objects.

That's the short answer.  The long answer is much more involved, touching on
questions around how they access the server (intranet versus internet) and
why you have POP3 passing out of your internal network anyway if you don't
want folks hitting it via POP3...but all those are details we don't really
need to answer the question.  Just disable that protocol.

Having said that, I would hope you as the admin knows the answer to those