How to replicate OST without VPN

  • From: "Bill" <portabillemail@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:19:16 -0600

Hello,
I can't find an answer anywhere.  We are a company of roving consultants
and many NEVER come to the office.  Our problem is trying to get email
when we are behind customer's firewalls.  Their firewalls won't allow VPN
access out so the only thing left is OWA and PSTs with POP.  Both are bad.

I'm thinking that the only reliable way to accomodate this is some kind of
HTTPS connection.  That might be some kind of HTTPS VPN, a special
transport, or ???

Has anyone ever resolved this situation or have any thought?

We are on Exchange 2000.

TIA

Bill