How to remove first Exchange 2003 server ?

  • From: "Osman Mahmud" <OMahmud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:34:34 +0600

Hello Everybody,

I have completed following steps to transfer roles of A to B  before
removing A from exchange organization: (here A is 1st Exchange server
and 1st DC of domain, B is the server where roles of A need to move)

1. Replicate all public folders from A to B.

2. Rehome offline Address Book folder from A to B.

3. Make B responsible to generate offline Address list.

4. Rehome Schedule + Free Busy folder from A to B.

5. Rehome Recipient Update Service from A to B.

6. Designate B to be the routing group master.

I need to know if there any additional thing I need to do before
uninstalling Exchange from A.

Best Regards,
Osman Mahmud