How to re-install Crashed Exchange Server Back With Same Name.

  • From: "Vijay Dogra" <vijay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 21:03:58 +0400

After Greetings,

I have a problem... My Exchange server which was a Backup DC for my Domain just
crashed. I don't have backup of system state and exchange database. so I don't
have any other option apart from re-installing exchange server.
so my question is how can I re-install exchange on new hardware with same name
so that I don't have to reconfigure my clients once again.

Option which I have are....
         use ntdsutil to remove entries of old server.
        Install W2k as backup DC once again with same name
        Install  exchange with same name and create mailboxes once again for
all the users.

so I need some expert comments ...whatever I am planning ...is it
practicle...is this going to work. or is there any other way to achieve what is
required.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Vijay Dogra.