How to prevent users from attempting to send massive attachments

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:24:19 -0400

I just had an ingenius user attempt to send one email message with
over 60 attachments at 1MB each. Of course the system was overwhelmed,
but fortunately kept running.

I am configured to receive NDR's, so I got the massive email as well.

What's to stop users from ATTEMPING to send such email messages? I
realize there are delivery restrictions, but they come into play
*after* the message is sent and moved to their Sent Items folder -
correct?

(Exchange Server 2003)

Thank you,

...D